A negative mind will not give you a positive life. Everyone wants a positive life because a positive life is filled with success, fulfilling relationships, and happiness. It’s a fact that you life is a print out of the negative or positive thoughts in your mind.
How do you know you don’t have a negative mind? Answer these questions: Be honest – answer them the way you are, not the way you wish you were!
- When someone gives you a suggestion do you frequently think of a reason why it won’t work?
- When you meet someone for the first time, do you usually think of something bad or that you don’t like about the person?
- When something you don’t like happens to you, do you quickly share it with friends and family?
- Do you have a close friend who is a drama queen?
- Are you afraid you won’t get your main goal you want in life?
- Are you hard on yourself and frequently quietly criticize yourself?
- Are you a worrier?
- Do you wish you had more fun in life and laughed more?
If you answered ‘yes’ to 4 or more, you’re not a raging optimist; in fact, you are probably a pessimist. If that’s you, it’s important to realize that when you complain or have pessimistic attitude, you’ve made a decision that something is not good. Change that habit! Look for the good! It’s there if you look for it.
Time to see the other side of life. There’s a song that says, ‘‘Turn that frown upside down and smile that frown away.’
What to do to be more positive:
- Consciously be more open to suggestions and people.
- Stop speaking negatively to yourself and others.
- Speak only about what you want, not about something bad that happened nor what you don’t want.
- Keep a smile on your face and have more fun.
- When you find yourself worrying, immediately change your thoughts to see the way you want the situation to turn out.
- Quit watching negative news programs (well, that’s pretty much all news these days!)
A change of mind can change your life quickly. Go for it!