https://lifefreedom.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/lifefreedom-logo-no-dotcom-300x145.png 0 0 Glenda Feilen https://lifefreedom.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/lifefreedom-logo-no-dotcom-300x145.png Glenda Feilen2015-08-30 17:30:542015-08-30 17:30:54How to Start a New Habit
It’s easier than you think to begin a new habit. Let me give you the easy steps that will make embracing a new habit a piece of cake.
- First of all, decide what new habit will make the change in your life that you want.
- Next, take about 15 seconds, at least a couple of times a day to imagine you are taking that new action that you want to make a habit and that you are doing it with ease and enjoying it. This will help you psych yourself up to actually take the action and well as change the pattern in your brain to make it a habit. If it’s going to be a new physical habit, it must first become a new mental pathway.
- These few seconds on imagining will make a huge difference in the process whether you know it or not. If you knew it, you wouldn’t have a problem doing the next easy step, which is to increase your imagining to at least 30 seconds 3 or 4 times a day.
- Take a small action that would move you forward to making it a habit. For example, if you wanted to start a habit of eating more vegetables, a small step would be to go to the store and buy some vegetables so you have them easily accessible in your fridge. If your habit was to look for the good in people, rather than finding something wrong with them, when you first meet them, you could consciously think of people you already know and think of good things about them so you get an idea of how to look for something good and how it feels.
- Lastly – you are ready to take the big action of doing it. At first, you may have to consciously remember to repeat it over and over again for a day or two. At first, you may have to consciously remember to repeat the action 3 or 4 times in a row. After that, it gets easy to remember because you’ve mentally and physically done it more than once and you are on your way to a new habit and new success in your life.