Happy People Have Happy Habits
Here are some of the main habits that are consistent in happy people. How many do you need to incorporate in your life?
1. The first habit happy people have is to decide to be happy. They literally make it their intention to be happy.
2. They consciously put things in their day to make them happy. They get involved in hobbies that give you happiness. Go places that bring you joy. Spend time with happy people. If you are going to choose to be happy, you must schedule happy things.
3. Happy people think happy thoughts. If they don’t have one, they think of a happy time in their past. They always keep a happy smile on their faces. If there is a time when they aren’t feeling especially happy, they fake with a happy smile and place their body in the position it would be if they were happy. Your body responds to your mind and your mind responds to your body.
4. A very important habit is finding happiness in tiny little moments during the day – things like the smell of your cinnamon tea, the way your puppy wags his tail at you, the sound of your kids laughing… Find awe in daily moments. They are filled with joy if you expect them and look for them.
5. Happy people chill out. They are playful. They take time to joke, to interact in a fun way with others. Also they schedule a getaway so they break up their daily grind. Recently my dentist told me that he and his wife had a marvelous getaway right in the next town that recharged them both. He said it couldn’t have been better if they had flown clear across the continent.
6. Happy people always have one important characteristic. They have a kind spirit. They praise; they give; they let others go first; they do random acts of kindness.
The happiest people don’t have the best of everything. They make the best of everything. Happiness to you!